I’ve just come across the following paper:

Anheier, H; Gerhards, J; and Romo, F. 1995. “Forms of Capital and Social Structure in Cultural Fields: Examining Bourdieu’s Social Topography” American Journal of Sociology 100(4):859-903.

The authors apply a blockmodelling algorithm that they developed called ICON-H (Iterative Combinatorial Optimization on Networks with Hierarchical extensions).  Can anyone tell me whether this algorithm has been implemented in any of the available SNA software packages?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Peter King

Dr Peter King