The hummer numbers in the 'hood are substantially up in past two
days.  There are apparently one of each the four discernable phases (adult
male, adult female, juvenile male, and juvenile female).  Phases should not
be mistaken with morphs.  The adult male continues to be the local
bully.  Even as I type this, I examined a juvenile female that seemed to
have lost some feathers on the nape.

Also increasing are the numbers of juvenile parulas.  Four or five at a
time around the dripper pond.  Other dispersers noted yesterday were a
Yellow-throated Warbler and Red-eyed Vireo.
Later...

Noel Wamer
Jacksonville, FL, US
Mosaics by Noel & Terry - http://home.attbi.com/~terrywest/