Sunday, July 14 (I think)...

While walking the beach at Vilano (St. Augustine area) this morning, I had
1-2 common nighthawks sailing along the coast (over the dunes) at around
sunrise.  Wondered if folks have noticed common nighthawks at the coast
recently.  The bird appeared to 'pop' up from the grassy dune and then fly
along the coast and disappear.  The same bird (or another one), then popped
up once again sailing along the dunes.  I've seen chimney swifts & bats this
time of the morning also.

thanks,
diane reed
st. augustine, fl.