Hi:

We birded Lakeland's Saddle Creek Park 8-11 AM 04jul02.  Not a lot of
activity.  The most conspicuous birds were Northern Parula Warblers. We
counted a total of 15, including both sexes and some juveniles. We only
counted on the walk in, and it seemed that more than 15 were vocalizing
later in the morning on the walk back out of the woods.  Other
interesting birds included 3 Yellow-throated Vireos, 4 Red-eyed Vireos
(two were vocalizing), 4 Great-crested Flycatchers, and 1
Yellow-throated Warbler.

The woods were flooded more than in the past few years, and look ideal
for Prothonotary Warblers, Waterthrushes and Ovenbirds that will be
coming thru soon. If you go there, take some mosquito repellant!!

Doug Wassmer & Lilian Saul
Tampa, Fl