While driving back from a great weekend trip to Ft.Lauderdale-Miami area to
see exotics (parakeets & parrots, Bulbul, Sp-br Oriole, Purple Swamphens-
also saw Shiny Cowbird and Cave Swallows) our Clearwater Audubon group of 8
drove home via US 27.

Made a stop at the west end of the pavement on Palm Beach-Broward county line
road to see the Smooth-billed Ani (3 seen) and spotted a White-tailed Kite
soaring overhead amongst the Swallow-tailed Kites.  Many Red-shouldered
Hawks, several juveniles, perched along the south side of the road.

Driving west from South Bay to Clewiston on US 27 (a distance of about 16
miles) I counted 82 Swallow-tailed Kites overhead, some very close overhead.
What a grand sight!

Marianne Korosy
Palm Harbor, FL
north Pinellas County