I took two photos of an unusual Jay in my backyard this afternoon. Granted
the photos are not that good as the bird was very shy and fled whenever I
went outside, so I had to take the photos shooting through my patio glass
door, which obviously needs cleaning. Anyway, when I saw the very dark and
sharply pointed crest I almost thought it was a Steller's Jay, but after
closer examination (and reference to Sibley) decided against that.  I don't
mind showing my inexperience and ignorance, especially to this group which
includes so many kind and encouraging experienced birders. What causes this
Blue Jay to appear different than the other Blue Jays? is this one some sort
of aberrant or hybrid, or just going though some normal phase of
development, one that I've obviously missed before? Sorry about the poor
quality of the photos I will try to get better ones tomorrow.
Thanks!
http://www.dartscape.com/birds/mysteryjay.htm

Dart Humeston
Pembroke Pines, Florida