A group from Clearwater Audubon and made a trip this past weekend to
Miami looking for the specialties of that area. On Friday afternoon we
had the Red-whiskered Bulbuls in the neighborhood just north of  the
Kendall Baptist Hospital. We had no luck finding the Spot-breasted
Oriole. We did find the Spot-breasted Orioles in the Miami Springs area
NE of the Curtis Parkway.  We found 5-6 of them in about a 2-3 block
area around Wren Ave. and Apache Drive and Falcon Ave. We checked the
area near the Kendall tennis courts and stopped by the Furchgott
residence but no orioles.  We did have a Shiny Cowbird land in a Mimosa
tree and also had great looks at Mitred, Blue-crowned, Yellow-chevroned,
Red-masked, and Black-hooded in the area.  We also found both Mynas on
the trip.

On Sunday morning we went to the canals near near SW 216th and Old
Cutler Road to see the Cave Swallows.  We then headed up 27 and had
numerous looks at Swallow-tailed Kites, 3 Anis and a White-tailed Kite (
see Marianne Korosy's post).  We saw the other typical birds on the trip
that one would expect.  It was a great trip.  Good friends and good
birds-cannot have too many.

Paul Trunk