Yesterday, while trying to get band combos on one of our jay groups, Brad
Martin and I looked up and here comes flying at full tilt...cattle egret? NO!
An all white rock dove!! flying basically east no less. Don't know where it
wound up as by the time we decided to give chase, it was out of sight. the
most interesting thing, besides the fact that this is the first rock dove
I've seen on the AFS, was I swear it had yellow (or close to) legs. It flew
practically overhead maybe at 50 ft distance and my eyes focused on a dark
yellowish streak which I attributed to its legs. Normal color for a white
pigeon?

Okay, I know you're asking why would one think of an egret when it was a
pigeon, well if you'd looked up and seen a white bird before actually
realizing what you were looking at, I'm sure you'd have had some of the same
thought processes.

Sarah Linney
Cocoa, FL