On July 28th, Sunday, I observed the following birds:

1) At St. George Island State Park, there was a basic-plummaged Common
Loon.  The bird was past the second picnic pavilion and sitting on the
beach.  It was gone when I returned two hours later.  I presumed it went
back into the ocean with the incoming tide.

2) At the end of Miller Landing Road, north of Tallahassee in Leon
County, Dean and I saw our first migrant, a Yellow Warbler, at about
8:00 PM after an afternoon of thunderstorms.

Good birding to all,
Sally Jue
Tallahassee, FL