Hi all,
It was a 10K day at Green Key this morning (Kingbirds, not strikeouts or
kilometers!). Seven were on the wires just outside the gate and 3 others
in the park. Birds seen:
D.C.Cormorant
Laughing Gull
Black Skimmer
Tern sp.(possibly Forster's)
2 Green Herons
Black-crowned Night-Heron (imm.)
Snowy Egret
Great Blue Heron
Little Blue Heron
2 Willets
White Ibis
Ground Doves
Mourning Doves
2 Marsh Wrens
1 Prairie Warbler (singing perched on power line)
10 Gray Kingbirds
Redwings
Common Grackle
Brown-headed Cowbirds
Birds seen along Trouble Creek Rd and Strauber Mem. Hwy:
Anhinga
Osprey
Wood Stork
Tri-colored Heron
Great Egret
8 Roseate Spoonbills
Sandhill Crane
3+ Gray Kingbirds
Common Ground Doves
Towhee
Cardinals
Stopped at Beacon Square pond on Moog Rd, NPR where I ran into Ron Smith
and company. Good luck, Ron, on you big day! Birds seen:
Anhinga
Moorhens (lots)
Mottled Ducks
3 Least Terns (fishing)
Green Heron
Tri-colored Heron
2 Least Bitterns
Snowy Egret
Euro Doves
Lastly I drove to Howard Park in Tarpon Springs. Not much there but saw
24 Least Terns, Laughing Gulls, 1 Wilson's Plover, and Boat-tailed
Grackles.
Good Birding!
Ray Smart
New Port Richey, FL