I took some pix of 4 Burrowing Owls at the outskirts of Black Bear Golf
Course in Eustis off of S.R. 44a  The owls were incredibly approachable.
They appear to be using an old gopher tortoise burrow.  After viewing
them, I called Lorne Malo who works for the St. Johns River.  Lorne was
preparing to go up in a helicopter to view eagles' nests around Lake
George, and pretty darn excited about that.  Lorne said he would let
Florida Game know about the owls to see if some measure of protection
can be had.  He believes these owls are part of the same colony that
fled Lake Norris Conservation area right up the road after coyotes dug
up the burrows.  At any rate, I sent a couple of the pix to Kurt to be
posted.

Randy Kiefner
Apopka, FL