After a  pretty dull spell, I went out to see the Heerman's Gull in Ft. De
Soto, on monday 7/8 .It was in East Beach, found without difficulty (but this
was my 3rd trip to Ft. De Soto). Took a few photos, and met an interesting
couple. He is Italian, she French. He is an opera singer and sings arias to
the gull, which they have seen for a while and call Fifi. They say Fifi loves
opera and spaghetti and they feed him and serenate him. Sorry if this message
is not too ornithologic, but I found this interesting.

Jose V. Padilla, M.D.,[log in to unmask], Ft. Myers,FL 33912