From: Lorrin Read, CRM [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2002 1:22 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Suspending Records Destruction

I have been asked to review our retention policies and procedures and
prepare a contingency plan or protocol to suspend records destruction upon
notice of any event that might lead to inquiry, investigation or
litigation. I would appreciate it very much if anyone having such a process
in place could share it with us. Feel free to send attachments to me
exclusively. Thanks in advance for any information.

Lorrin Read, CRM
Manager, Corporate Records Management
FirstEnergy Corporation
76 South Main Street