Interesting question Chris. Would it not depend on your contract with the
disposal company or landfill owner? And possession of a certificate of
destruction for the specific records?

Of course, if it's YOUR landfill it's a different issue and I'd imagine
you could be forced to get out your bucket and spade.

Sounds to me like a good argument for using an external disposal
contractor, with the contract worded in such a way that you don't want to
know where the residue is put!

I think you've just added a couple of days and several paragraphs to the
drafting of my next disposal RFP.

Cheers

Glenn

Glenn Sanders
Australia

These views are mine alone. They may or may not be those of any previous
or present employers or clients. I don't know. If I'd asked and they'd
agreed, I would have signed it "Bloggs and Co and Glenn". Or whatever. But
I haven't, so I didn't.