From: Charis Wilson [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2002 1:24 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Compact Sheving v. Lateral Installation Costs

I've been asked by our office manager to gather some information on what it
would cost per square foot to install compact (mobile) shelving versus what
it would cost us to install open lateral shelves.

I remembered seeing something in the past about this and was able to find
the posting that detailed that it cost roughly $100 - 125/sf to install the
compact shelving.  However, that post did not detail what the same per
square foot costs would be for traditional lateral shelves.

I've been able to find information on the space savings and density
increases of the various types of shelving units but would like to be able
to also give her a rough cost comparison for installation.  Any and all
assistance would be appreciated.

Charis Wilson
Records Manager
Tom Brown Inc.