From: John Phillips [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 3:09 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Response from your ARMA President

Stephen,

Most of the "bar on this debate" has been lowered by the in-your-face
refusal of some leaders to address these questions directly with the
membership - over an entire year. An excellent example is their consistent
refusal to work in any meaningful way with the ARMA Fellows and many Past
Presidents to reach any compromise other than "full steam forward." This in
and of itself "lowers the bar."

I do not really have the time to read the Listserv every day, so I have been
going through the last two weeks (or more) of messages. What strikes me as
unchanging, despite all of the "debate", is that there is still no formal
and effective mechanism for getting any of these valid concerns actually
addressed, other than repeatedly pounding the issues. It still seems that
the only reply you can expect is "That's nice. We'll think about it and get
back to you - one of these days."

That is insulting to the membership and definitely "lowers the bar."

John

John T. Phillips MSLS, CRM, CDIA, FAI
Information Technology Decisions
865-966-9413; www.infotechdecisions.com