Hi all and apologies for cross-posting

I am currently locked in mortal combat (well it feels like it) with the IT
section in my organisation regarding their need to implement measures to
reduce the amount of information stored by employees on network drives.
Understandably, the IT section wishes to reduce the amount of information
stored in order to reduce costs, reduce the need for extra servers to be
bought etc.  However, their answer to the problem is to tell people to
"delete information you don't need" which doesn't really take into account
the records management requirement to retain corporate information.  We
don't have an EDMS/ERMS (yet) and so I'm looking for some interim measures
that I can implement until we do have an EDMS/ERMS.

I'm wondering therefore if any of my learned colleagues have examples of
disk space / network storage policies within use within their organisations
that you might be prepared to share with me.  I am particularly interested
in policies which take into account the combined needs of IT and RM.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards, Bernadette

Bernadette Bean
Corporate Records Manager, Freedom of Information Officer
Corporate Records
TRANSPORT SA
Phone + 61 8 8343 2036 (Internal 22036)
Fax + 61 8 8343 2768 (Internal 22768)
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
DX Box: 171
Post: PO Box 1, Walkerville SA 5081, Australia
Internet site URL: http://www.transport.sa.gov.au

The information contained in this e-mail message may be confidential, and
may also be the subject of privilege or public interest immunity.  This
e-mail and any attached files should be scanned to detect viruses and no
liability for loss or damage resulting from the use of any attached files is
accepted.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or
reproduction of this document is unauthorised.  If you have received this
e-mail in error please telephone +61 8 8343 2222.