<<I personally feel our efforts have been diminished by SII and its
condescending message that we are 'behind the times.'>>

Quoting Dianne Hagan above, and agreeing with her.  Personally I am
preparing to vote with my feet.  Unless something changes drastically
between now and my renewal date, I'll be saying "no thanks" and taking
myself elsewhere.  This isn't the organization I joined, and the changes
that I deplore are not due to "moving with the times."

That's my 2 cents' worth, after returning from a too-short vacation to an
interesting and hopefully useful discussion!

Best to all,

Nina