Then what is National Archives and Records Administration and why do they
have retention schedules developed for governmental agencies?  And if you
are a governmental agency do you not use these?  How about GSA, don't you
prescribe to these schedules?  I know in companies I've worked with that
General Services Administration retention schedules needed to be followed.

Please clarify.
Thanks,
Liz
516-328-5118

                      "Faith L.
                      Williams"                To:      [log in to unmask]
                      <[log in to unmask]         cc:
                      TATE.LA.US>              Subject: Re: Legal sign-off on Retention Schedules
                      Sent by: Records
                      Management
                      Program
                      <RECMGMT-L@LISTS
                      .UFL.EDU>

                      07/10/2002 03:59
                      PM
                      Please respond
                      to Records
                      Management
                      Program

Elizabeth, I don't know what "government" you are referring to, but our's
doesn't create our retention schedules, we still have to do all the same
work as "private" companies....................

Faith L Williams
Financial Services
Phone-225-925-6399
Fax--225-925-4623