The problem lies in the company that hosts the ARMA
website. The communications that I have received
indicate that the hosting company has a problem with
their T-1 line which could be anything from a cut
cable to a provider dropping the service to a bad
router somewhere in the mix.

The expo hotel site is up as was indicated in the
communication yesterday.

I can't speak to the plans that ARMA may or may not
have for this sort of situation, but I think it is
safe to say that folks will be asking serious
questions of this provider.

As far as I know, this is the first major outage of
the ARMA website since it went up in 1995. The email
issues are unrelated to the Website.

Unfortunately, timing is bad with Conference
registration and voting taking place right now. I
expect that we will get an update later today if the
site does not come back before then.

Patrick Cunningham, CRM