>>Might as well weigh in:  while legal needs to review, understand the
research *you* did, and sign off--along with a bunch of others, I wouldn't
trust a corporate attorney to do the whole job.<<

Mike,

Well said.  As an attorney that reviewed retention schedules for a utility I
used to work for was fond of saying, "They didn't teach me about researching
retention requirements in law school, they taught me how to argue.  I depend
on the paralegals, legal assistants and folks like you to find the law.
When you do, I will review it to see if it applies."

Bill Roach, CRM
EDMS Coordinator
ND ITD/Records Management
701-328-3589