These percentages will differ for different organisations e.g. a nuclear or
arms company should definitely have more potential records/archives than a
telephone service company.  The social, economical and political background
of a specific country will also influence these percentages e.g. human
resources files in a country with human rights problems might have archival
value where under normal circumstances it might not have.  It boils down to
the fact that each organisation, functions etc. will have to be analysed
individually.  It might be possible that similar organisations might use
these figures to make estimates, but it will not be possible to apply in
general.

ANNELIE NEL
JUNIOR MANAGER
GENERAL FREIGHT BUSINESS
SPOORNET
SOUTH AFRICA
(B) 28 11-7745075
     28 83 7041537

Opinions expressed is my own and not that of my employer.