There is, of course, a very different and simple argument in all this.  As
a responsible professional, an individual should be responsible for the
costs of their own membership.

Richard J. Cox
Professor
Department of Library and Information Sciences
School of Information Sciences
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
Voice:  412-624-3245