Charis:

The Personnel Department keeps its verification records for 90 days, whether
it is a written reply or a log of telephone inquiries.  (Since I work for a
public agency, most of the employment information is public record.  We are
prohibited from requiring that requests be in writing.)

Verification of enrollment or educational achievement by our students is
another story, and regulated by FERPA.  That isn't really pertinent to your
situation, however.

Robin Tew
Supervisor, Records Management
Pinellas County Schools

...sweltering in July, but still enjoying life in sunny Florida!