In a message dated 7/26/02 2:57:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> If it is silver halide film rumor has it you might find a vendor willing to
> destroy the film for the recovery of the silver. I have not come across
> such a vendor.

Deborah
They are out there. Generally they will retain the recovered silver as the
payment for destroying the microfilm.  Contact some hospitals as I know that
old medical x-rays are destroyed in this manner. Look in the yellow pages,
conduct an internet search. here is a link to a Google search using the exact
phrase "silver recovery" might have to do a refined search since it returns
over 6,000 hits.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=%22silver+recovery%22

Peter A. Kurilecz CRM, CA
Richmond, Va