Here are some more interesting excerpts from the article:

<snip>
"We don't think there are any records damaged by
the fire itself," David Cornelisse, director of Record
Center Operations, said Thursday night. "Some were
sprinkled with water, but we don't think any serious
damage was done."
<snip>

Was the facility fully sprinklered?

<snip>
The volume of paper in the building might have been
a blessing, he said. "Because it's so full, so
condensed, it's not as combustible as you might
think."
However, Fire Chief Stephen Kirby cautioned that if
the fire had taken hold, "it's the kind of thing that
could burn for days."
<snip>

Is the facility compartmentalized?

The true blessing is that the fire apparently occurred on the roof and not
within the facility itself.

Peterk