I agree, I was able to earn 4 credits, toward and B.P. S. degree, using
ARMA information  I learned at meeting and from reading their books and
publications.

Mary Ann Hess
>>> [log in to unmask] 07/18/02 12:06PM >>>
One of the highest priorities American Honda Motor Company, Inc. has
for
its associates (employees) is continuing education.  Seeking and
applying
the newest and best practices are recognized at the highest levels as
competitive advantage, and enshrined in company policy.

Therefore, to justify my membership, all I do is point out that Honda
does
not provide education in my field, records and information management
and
ARMA International provides the best, most consistant and cheapest
education .  If I had to, I could supply Chippewa College, or George
Washington University's costs.

My problem is getting my attendance at conferences and seminars
approved by
middle management.  Our Vice President thinks ARMA  conferences and
seminars are like ones he attends where people drink, gamble, and play
golf
and tennis, with a few educational sessions to attend if you aren't
too
busy.

Also posted to the Member Forum.

Lorinda Kasten-Lowerre
Records Analyst
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Torrance, California, USA
Member  ARMA, The Association for Information Management Professionals
<Check out Orange County California ARMA's website at ocarma.org

Mary Ann Hess
Archives and Record Management
Syracuse University