Ah, yes, a very interesting case indeed.  We had actually sold a bunch of our loans to this bank.  A few of the bank officers were embezzling money and chose to bury the evidence (the loan files) on someone's ranch with a backhoe or bulldozer.  The FDIC and the FBI got involved and dug up what they could.  We are still trying to find many of these loan documents.

Sandra Broady, CRM
Vice President & Records Manager
Republic Bank
727-384-8088 X4250

>>> [log in to unmask] 07/23/02 04:01AM >>>
In a message dated 7/22/02 10:07:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> about a bank
> that had landfilled some records and was having to dig
> them back up.

that was a West Virginia bank and I remember picking it up for RAIN. The
directors were fiddle-faddling with bank money.

Peterk