Might want to check out a career and degree in Project Management. I dare say most of us have managed projects. I had no idea it was a specialty. I just thought it was something you are expected to be able to do for certain job positions.

Deborah
City of Fort Worth

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Flynn [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2002 1:14 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: What Educational Degrees Will be Needed in the Future by
Reco rds Managers

Good Question,

I have thought about it a little since starting here at the University. I
think my conclusion is that if I go for another degree, it will be one that
will not just help me now in my RM career, but also allow me to move to my
next career should I choose to do so. Having said that IT would help now but
having been a DBA and System Administrator I have no burning urge to do that
for a living (keep in mind that many IT folks view those with IT degrees
with a great deal of suspicion). Law has always seemed like a good fit (John
and Donald could use some more competition). Another degree beyond that,
maybe archaeology or Anthropology. It's about time we created a new
discipline in academia, the Archival Anthropologist.

Chris Flynn CA CRM
Records Officer
University of Idaho
208/885-4408