<individuals may earn certification as
SIMPs>

Webster's Dictionary has simp as an abbreviation for simpleton.  The concept of Strategic Information Management is falling into place for me.

Does anyone else find SIMP funny?

Five year lurker (perhaps I should stay one),

Matt Schwoebel
Electronic Records System Coordinator
Lower Colorado River Authority
Austin, TX

>>> [log in to unmask] 07/25/02 11:04AM >>>
> For the longest
> time it was said that SII was only going to certify
> organizations, now one
> finds on their website the following information

My understanding of the SII Business Plan is that organizations will be
accredited as SIM "compliant", and individuals may earn certification as
SIMPs (strategic information management professionals). SII will apparently
be selling consulting services to help organizations become accredited and
will encourage (or perhaps require, it wasn't clear) that the organization
have a SIMP as part of the accreditation.

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM, MIT/LIT)
Records Manager
Newport News Dept. of Public Utilities