Our current practice is to have our in-house legal counsel review and sign off on departmental records retention schedules being established or revised.  Our legal department doesn't feel there is a need for their review and wants to be removed from the process.  Before we make any changes to our current practice though, I wanted to find out what other companies do when creating/revising records retention scheudles -- how involved is your in-house legal counsel?

Thanks in advance for any input!

Barbara S. Weaver
Analyst-DMS, PPL Corp.