I am studying the origins of the Princeton honor code and have been struck
by the role of circles of school graduates and members of athletic teams
-- from the late nineteenth century to contemporary service academy
scandals -- in spreading cribbing and plagiarism. I'm using ideas from
Paul Ormerod's Butterfly Economics (especially the chapter to Catch a
Thief) and Michael Suk-Young Chwe's Rational Ritual. I'd be delighted to
learn of other work related to networks that might help explain not just
when and where honor systems are adopted, but how mass cheating episodes
occasionally break out within them.

Edward Tenner
Department of English
McCosh Hall