While I was an employee @ TRW Space and Defense in the late 80s and early 90s
we applied SNA to the Workforce Diversity program -- calling it Measuring
Organizational Diversity [MOD] -- we were called the MOD Squad.  ;-)

We looked at whether women, and people of color, were included in, or excluded
from, key information flows and networks. The focus was on knowledge sharing --
both organizational/career and technical knowledge.  The working theory was
exclusion from this knowledge would affect performance and turnover.
Unfortunately none of these experiences were written up except as 'news items'
in several Human Resource publications.

A somewhat similar project outside of TRW was written up a few years later:
Stephenson, K.A. and Krebs, V. "A More Accurate Way to Measure Diversity",
Personnel Journal, Vol 72 Issue 10 [October 1993], 66-74.
It is available in several diversity compilations including: http://www.diversophy.com/products/publication/tocs/cdscont.htm

Valdis
http://www.orgnet.com