C'mon, if you want to debate about politics, go to Usenet or one of
the thousands of message boards or blogs out there.  I subscribe to
the socnet list because I'm interested in social networks.  If this
listserv can't stay on topic, there's no reason to subscribe.  It's
not squashing voices any more than not allowing spam on a listserv
is.