Apologies for cross-postings...

Please circulate among your colleagues and friends:

LAST CALL

Organdi Quarterly invites submissions for Issue #5:
man, trees and forests (Fall 2002): deadline
15/09/2002

Trees and forests define metaphors and spaces for
human thought and action. An intellectual object for
modern thinkers, they are the environment of many
men and women living outside modernity or refusing it.
Trees and forests have been transformed by man, but
their original idea continues to inspire art. Today
they are central in geopolitical, environmental,
economical issues, to mention only three of them.

This special issue seeks to investigate the links
between men/women trees and forests in our world.
Possible topics include, but are not limited to,
philosophical usage of the tree and forest image;
artistic usage of the tree and forest metaphors;
ethnology of forest people; urban anthropology of
forests as leisure places; geopolitics of forests;
economy of forests and wood; domestication of forest
and usage of parks and gardens in modern urbanism.

As usual, other contributions unrelated to the theme
of the issue will be considered for the following
sections of Organdi Quarterly:

Letters to the Editors,
Espace Libre (articles, interviews, documents),
Books, Music, Cinema & the Arts (cultural reviews),
Out of Frame (exhibitions).

Deadline: 15/09/2002

for more details visit our submission page at
http://www.geocities.com/organdi_revue/submission

for questions, send a mail to [log in to unmask]

Best regards
the Editors of Organdi Quarterly