Many years ago, Eleanor Roesch Heider, a Berkeley psychologist, wrote
about fuzzy categories: for example, why do we categorize dogs as dogs?
Shades of Wittengstein and Lin Freeman (why do we see groups as groups?)
I'd appreciate any leads to Eleanor's work. This is because a doctoral
student of mine is writing about why different churches are categorized
together.  (coincidentally Eleanor was my Soc Rel classmate at Harvard.)
 Barry