Rosch, Eleanor
  1973  On the internal structure of perceptual and semantic categories.
In
     {ICognitive Development and the Acquisition of Language}. T. E.
Moore, ed.
     Pp. 111-144. New York: Academic Press.

  1975 Cognitive representations of semantic categories. {IJournal of
Experimental}
     {IPsychology: General} 104:192-233.

  1977  Human categorization. In {IAdvances in Cross-Cultural Psychology}.
N.
     Warren, ed.  Pp. . London: Academic Press.

  1978  Principles of categorization. In {ICognition and Cartgorization}.
Eleanor
     Rosch and Barbara B. LLoyd, eds.  Pp. 28-48. Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence
     Earlbaum Associates.

Rosch, Eleanor and Barbara B. Lloyd
  1978  {ICognition and Categorization}. Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum
     Associates.

Rosch, Eleanor and Carolyn B. Mervis
  1975 Family resemblences: Studies in the internal structure of
categories.
     {ICognitive Psychology} 7:573-605.

Rosch, Eleanor, Carolyn B. Mervis, Wayne D. Gray, David M. Johnson and
Penny
     Boyes-Braem
  1976 Basic objects in natural categories. {ICognitive Psychology}
8:382-439.

Rosch, Eleanor, C. Simpson and R. S. Miller
  1976 Structural bases of typicality effects. {IJournal of Experimental}
     {IPsychology: Human Perception and Performance} 2:491-502.

On Mon, 26 Aug 2002, Barry Wellman wrote:

> Many years ago, Eleanor Roesch Heider, a Berkeley psychologist, wrote
> about fuzzy categories: for example, why do we categorize dogs as dogs?
> Shades of Wittengstein and Lin Freeman (why do we see groups as groups?)
> I'd appreciate any leads to Eleanor's work. This is because a doctoral
> student of mine is writing about why different churches are categorized
> together.  (coincidentally Eleanor was my Soc Rel classmate at Harvard.)
>  Barry
>  ___________________________________________________________________
>
>   Barry Wellman        Professor of Sociology       NetLab Director
>   [log in to unmask]   http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~wellman
>
>   Centre for Urban & Community Studies        University of Toronto
>   455 Spadina Avenue   Toronto Canada M5S 2G8   fax:+1-416-978-7162

Linton C. Freeman                         Phone: Office: 949 824-6698
Department of Sociology                   Sec.:          949 824-6336
School of Social Sciences  SSPA 2143      Home:          949 494-6139
University of California                  FAX:           949 824-3733
Irvine, CA 92697-5100                     E-mail: [log in to unmask]
http://moreno.ss.uci.edu/lin.html