> I've also had "pajek" recommended to me, and I downloaded it easily
> enough, but I have to admit to finding the documentation a little opaque.
> The manual is (as far as I can tell) only an outline of the program's menu
> options, so I would need (I think) a tutorial of some kind about how to
> put a data file together, or, even better, a quick walk-through of what I
> can reasonably expect this program to do for me.

   About the use of  'Pajek' we wrote a textbook
      Wouter de Nooy,  Andrej Mrvar, Vladimir Batagelj:
      Exploratory Social Network Analysis with Pajek
   which is in reviewing process. It was also a basis for our
   SUNBELT XXII Pajek workshop.

   Besides in manual (which just describes the menus' options)
   you can get some additional information at URLs:
      http://vlado.fmf.uni-lj.si/pub/networks/pajek/howto.htm
      http://vlado.fmf.uni-lj.si/pub/networks/doc/

   best,   Vlado

Vladimir Batagelj, University of Ljubljana, Department of Mathematics
  Jadranska 19, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia

tel:  +386 (0)1 4766 672          e-mail: [log in to unmask]
fax:  +386 (0)1 4766 685          WWW:    http://vlado.fmf.uni-lj.si/