I do not know of any such studies.
We are currently collecting data on this (though only one or two
questions in a lengthy questionnaire) in our sexual and injection
network study of a Brooklyn neighborhood.
best,
sam

Sam Friedman
National Development and Research Institutes
71 West 23d Street
New York, NY 10010
USA
1 212 845 4467
Fax 1 917 438 0894

>>> Lorne Tepperman <[log in to unmask]> 08/30/02 07:42AM >>>
In recent research on HIV/AIDS diagnoses, sociologist Liviana Calzavara
(U of Toronto, Medicine) and I found that the density and overlap of
their networks predicted quick disclosure by the infected person to his
current sex partner.

Despite a literature search, we found little about social networks in
the literature on disclosure. The literature we did find was all
psychological. Can anyone suggest network references on disclosure,
secrecy, confiding, or confidantes?

Thanks in advance.

Lorne Tepperman
Professor and Chair