Dear SOCNET,
 Below are a few more citations on gender and social networks (I just
joined the listserv, so missed the original request). Also, I am
organizing a panel, "New Directions in Research on Social Networks"
for the Midwest Sociological Meetings
(next April). If anyone has a paper that will be ready by mid
December, please consider
submitting it to this panel.
Gail McGuire

Gail M. McGuire. 2002. "Gender, Race, and the Shadow Structure: A
Study of Informal Networks and Inequality in a Work Organization."
Gender & Society 16(3):303-322.

Gail M. McGuire. 2000. "Gender, Race, Ethnicity, and Networks: The
Factors Affecting the Status of Employees' Network Members." Work &
Occupations 27(4):500-523.

Dr. Gail McGuire
Department of Sociology & Anthropology
Indiana University-South Bend
1700 Mishawaka Avenue
South Bend, IN 46634-7111
(574) 237-4572
Fax: 574 237-4538 (please include my name & department)