Lorne, while not what you asked for, I think the '68 piece by Mayhew in social forces provides a way to think about your results. steve.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Lorne Tepperman
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Friday, August 30, 2002 7:42 AM
  Subject: suggestions please: secrecy and AIDS

  In recent research on HIV/AIDS diagnoses, sociologist Liviana Calzavara (U of Toronto, Medicine) and I found that the density and overlap of their networks predicted quick disclosure by the infected person to his current sex partner.

  Despite a literature search, we found little about social networks in the literature on disclosure. The literature we did find was all psychological. Can anyone suggest network references on disclosure, secrecy, confiding, or confidantes?

  Thanks in advance.

  Lorne Tepperman
  Professor and Chair
  Department of Sociology