Hi,
   We did get 1 Common Ground Dove (a male with the yellowish bill) at
Lighthouse Point Park, in Ponce Inlet on Saturday while doing the
Fall Migration Count. We also had 4 Reddish Egrets, one of them white
phased. We don't see the white phased on this side of the state too
often.

   One alarming note, only 5 red-winged Blackbirds were seen and only
7 Fish Crows! In Fall 1999, we had 115 red wings and 95 Fish Crows.
In Fall of 2000, 43 red wings and 92 Fish Crows. Last year's Fall
Count was cancelled locally due to Tropical Storm Gabrielle. Could
these numbers be anecdotal evidence of the effects of West Nile Virus
on the local bird population ? Volusia County was one of the first
counties in the state to be quarantined.

--
David Hartgrove
conservation chair,