On Mon, 2 Sep 2002, Raymond E Smart wrote:

> Tufted Titmouse is now split into Tufted Titmouse and Black-crested
> Titmouse, and

Although I had heard it was coming, I was glad to see it was official.
It brings my ABA total to 600!

I also notice that Mitred Parakeet (called Mitred Conure by Juniper and
Parr and by Forshaw) has been added.  They describe it as established in
southern California and also reported from penisular Florida.

There are quite a few of them in Miami-Dade, although I don't know how
established they are, or even how long they have been present in numbers.

--
John H. Boyd III                               [log in to unmask]
Dept. of Economics                             Phone: 305-348-3287