tom curtis wrote:

 >I saw your ID of Brad's and Barbara's sandpiper.  To me the leg color looks
 >too yellow for White-rumped.  Could this just be lighting?  My initial
 >inclination was also white-rumped based on apparent wing extension, but I
 >was swayed by the leg color.  The lack of anything for size comparison
 >makes things more difficult.  Do juvenile White-rumps have lighter legs
 >than do adults?

The leg color does not look black, but Hayman, et al. state...
"Legs are... black or blackish grey, often tinged faintly greenish."

I think that this range would include the leg color of the pictured bird.
Later...

Noel Wamer
Jacksonville, FL, US
Mosaics by Noel & Terry - http://home.attbi.com/~terrywest/