Today at Turkey Creek our group, Phyllis Mansfield, Roy Book, Don Feuss,
Courtney Carlson and David Biega (who joined us for about an hour) had our
best birding day so far this fall. Although birding was slow at first, our
big breakthrough came when we followed the furious scolding of a pair of
Carolina Wrens that had discovered a large Rat Snake resting on a horizontal
branch up in a Hackberry Tree.  The incessant scolding brought in every bird
within hearing distance, not only resident birds but many species of
warblers and other migrants.  It was in this large flock that we all saw the
male Golden-Winged Warbler that Courtney had spotted a few minutes earlier.
Close to noon we came across another large flock - we lost track of the
count at this point - just too many birds milling about.

15 Warbler species

20 Black & White (maybe more)
 9 Ovenbird
 7 Black-Throated Blue
 6 Chestnut-Sided
 5 Amer. Redstart
 5 Yellow-Throated
 4 Cape May (males & females)
 3 N. Parula
 3 Tennessee
 1 Yellow
 1 Prairie
 1 Magnolia
 1 Golden-Winged male (1st of the season)
 1 Hooded (male)
 2 Worm-Eating

Also:

15 Red-Eyed Vireo