A group of 11 from The Audubon Society of the Everglades (West Palm Beach)
came to bird at Turkey Creek today as they have done for the past few years.
Last year we all birded in drizzly misty rain with lots of birds - this year
with a perfect sunny day we had to work for the birds we saw.  With a few
local birders that came with us and others that joined us briefly, the group
bulged to 20 at times during the morning.

13 Warbler species:

1 Golden-Winged male (seen briefly - not by everyone)
3 Common Yellowthroat
5 Black & White
5 Black-Throated Blue
4 Amer. Redstart
3 Worm-Eating
2 Chestnut-Sided
3 N. Parula
4 Yellow-Throated
8 Ovenbird
1 Prairie
1 Tennessee (by Tim Towles)
1 Cape May (male)

Also:

2 Yellow-Billed Cuckoo (our 1st of the season)
3 Red-Eyed Vireo
1 White-Eyed Vireo
2 Yellow-Throated Vireo
1 Swainson's Thrush
3 Veery
8 BGG
1 Hummingbird sp.
2 Screech Owls sitting side-by-side up against a tree trunk

Shirley & Bill Hills
Melbourne Village