Hi:

Last Tuesday (27Aug02), an immature Cooper's Hawk & I were watching my
bird feeders.  I didn't see it catch anything, but I caught it with our
digital Olympus C-2100UZ equipped with a B-300 1.7x extender (17 power
total). I have been noticing small piles of dove feathers in the yard
from time to time, and I have seen adult Coopers Hawks in the yard this
summer. This is the first juvenile sighting.

I saw a Cooper's Hawk coursing over the area about 1/4 mile east of my
yard this afternoon (02sep02), but it was too far away to sex & age.

Lilian Saul
Tampa, Fl