I saw nine different species of warblers in our backyard this afternoon,
and most of them came to the mister to bathe.  While Fran Rutkovsky,
Brenda Scott and I were eating lunch and watching for birds, a
Yellow-billed Cuckoo took a bath in the bird bath near the edge of the
woods, and four Summer Tanagers came to the mister.  A beautiful male
Kentucky Warbler bathed in the dish below the mister.

Later, after Fran and Brenda left, I saw what I believe was another
"Brewster's Warbler."  I didn't notice it until it flew out of the
mister and perched on a nearby oak branch to preen.  I have seen lots of
Blue-winged Warblers, and this bird looked different.  It was a rather
dingy pale yellow underneath, grayish above, had a prominent dark line
through the eye and inconspicuous yellowish wing bars. The face appeared
light except for the dark eyeline.  The bird's forehead was a brighter
yellow and contrasted with the grayish crown, nape and back.  The
picture of an adult female "Brewster's" in Warblers of the Americas,
Plate 1, by Curson, Quinn and Beadle, looks very much like the bird I
saw.  (The "Brewster's Warbler" that Dean and I both observed in our
mister on September 3rd was even lighter underneath than the bird I
found today).  I realize that first fall female Blue-winged Warblers can
be rather dull, but they usually have at least a hint of orange-yellow
in their plumage and don't have a light face.

Here is today's list of migrants:

Yellow-billed Cuckoo - 1
Ruby-throated Hummingbird - 2 females/immatures
Acadian Flycatcher - 1 or 2
White-eyed Vireo - 2 immatures
Red-eyed Vireo - 1 or 2
"Brewster's Warbler" - 1
Northern Parula - 1
Black-and-white Warbler - 1 male
Blackburnian Warbler - 1 (first fall sighting for yard)
Chestnut-sided Warbler - 2 (one with small amount of chestnut)
Prairie Warbler - 1 male (unusual for yard)
Pine Warbler - 1 immature
Kentucky Warbler - 1
Hooded Warbler - 1 male and 1 female
Summer Tanager - 1 male and 3 females