Hit my favorite neighborhood spot this morning - the Pembroke Pines
Mitigation Area by the Broward County SW Regional Library. Much more
activity than in recent months, including: Limpkin, Yellow-crowned
Night-Heron, Kingfisher, Red-winged Blackbirds, five Purple Swamphens, a
Great Egret and an unidentified duck that took to flight before I had a
chance to ID it. (Probably a Mottled Duck.) All of that in thirty minutes!
What a great place, and it's next to a nice library with a Starbucks only
five miles away. Who could ask for anything more?

Dart Humeston
Pembroke Pines, Florida