A lot of birds on the  island this weeked. The highlight for me was a Western
Tanager behind the old Harris School in Old Town. Saw it in a treetop on
Saturday night, then went back Sunday morning to make sure it wasn't an
immature Scarlet Tanager. It wasn't. the wing bars were way too distinct. A
pale adult female. Couldn't find it again late this afternoon.

Also seen over the weekend (at the Harris School and Indigenous Park):
Smooth-billed Ani
Blackburnian Warbler
Common Nighthawks (the Antilleans seem to have moved on)
Barn & Tree Swallows
Magnificent Frigatebirds
Northen Parulas (about 4 out of 5 warblers)
Hooded Warbler
Palm Warbler (FOY)
Prothonotary Warblers (many)
Ovenbirds
Blackburnian Warbler
Yellow-throated Warbler
Eastern & Gray Kingbirds
Red-eyed and Black-whiskered Vireos
Scarlet Tanager (f)
White-crowned Pigeons
and several other less interesting things

Fran & Bill Ford also said they had a Blue-winged warbler in their yard,
though I missed seeing it,

If any one needs directions to the Harris School, please email me direct.

Happy trails,

Mark Hedden
Key West